Equipment & Machine Safety Light Curtains Guarding Solutions
LightBeams.com offers a wide range of machine and perimeter light curtain options that create barriers to protect personnel in the industrial work place from being exposed to potentially dangerous equipment. Additional guarding, such as mechanical perimeter guards, may be required if the light curtain does not protect all areas of entry to the point of operation hazard.
Disclaimer: Guarding and Operation
Cherry's Industrial Equipment Corp. provides partial guarding and /or barriers for some of its equipment. However, Cherry's Industrial Equipment Corp. does not represent or warrant that such guarding and/or barriers constitute all of the safety or other protections that may be needed or required by law, by the circumstances of the installation of its equipment, or otherwise. The responsibility to provide adequate safety and other protections for such installations rests with you, our customer, not with Cherry's Industrial Equipment Corp.
Responsibility for selecting safety light curtain products, information or advice rests with you the consumer. It is advisable to check product details before ordering and to independently verify information. If you require expert advice or assistance, you should seek the services of a qualified person.
Any instructions, directions are strictly for informational purposes and are offered only as helpful guidelines. This information is provided without warranty of any kind. The customer is encouraged to establish operating guidelines, as they are ultimately their responsibility.
Data Sensor has a range of optical Type 4 Light curtains for BODY PROTECTION that create barriers to protect personnel in the industrial work place from being exposed to potentially dangerous risks. Safety light curtain options include muting, partial muting and automatic or manual reset options that are all fully integrated into the units. Dipswitches that are accessed through a lockable cover on the front of the receiver provide rapid and safe device set-up. Our compact dimensions and its extensive range of accessories, make installing safety light curtains easier than ever before.
Conforming to the International Standards in force, in particular to
EN 954-1 IEC 61496-1 and IEC 61496-2. IEC61496 Part 1 and Part 2
laser light safety scanner OS3100 optoShield
why use a laser scanner instead of something else
The main benefits of the laser scanner is its versatility and non-intrusive presence. Unlike hard guards such as fences or safety floor mats, the laser scanner works without physical barriers. Due to its sensing technology, it is perfect for equipment that requires regular maintenance and cleaning. Fewer hard-guards are needed, allowing sweepers, forklifts, and loaders to transit through its protection area.
What is a safety laser scanner? A safety laser scanner is one of the newest technologies to be used for machine area safeguarding. This small optical sensor uses pulsed laser light to scan its surroundings. The scanner then compares the scanned information to its predefined zones. If the scanner detects an intrusion into that area, it sends a stop signal to the machinery being guarded.
How do they work? Safety laser scanners function by using a ‘time of flight’ measurement to determine distance. The scanner emits a light pulse, the light then hits the first object in its path and is reflected back to the scanner. Then the scanner compares the distance against the known size of its safety zone. If the scanner senses an intrusion into the safety zone, it sends a stop signal to the guarded machinery. This sequence is repeated as the optical assembly rotates, scanning the guarded area over and over. It uses harmless laser light to sense a guarded area
What do they do? Through user defined settings, they monitor a predetermined area for intrusions, making them a very effective safeguarding device.
What are they used for? Safety laser scanners are used for safeguarding dangerous areas and access points. Because they are so versatile, they can be used as a safeguard on both stationary and moving equipment. Applications for stationary use include, guarding a robotic work cell, guarding in front of a press or other hazardous machinery. It can be configured for multiple irregularly shaped hazardous areas, making it an excellent choice for safeguarding work cells, transfer lines, robot stations.
- They light up when an intrusion is detected!
- Superb, intelligent diagnostics
- Change guarded areas quickly on demand!
- This program is intuitive and easy to use because it has the look and feel of familiar office applications. You can learn it today and remember how to use it months from now!
- Quick set up
- Easy preventive maintenance
- Proudly designed and manufactured in the USA
- Robust and self-contained
- Intrusion indicators
- Easy configuration
- Two user defined detection sets
- Simplifies machine guarding
- External Device Monitoring (EDM & MPCE monitoring)
- Safety range: 4 meters
- Warning range: 15 meters
- Scan radius: 180 degrees
- CE, TUV, CSA, UL Certified
- Two 7-segment diagnostic displays.
- 4 LED indicators for status diagnostics.
- The device is configured via easy to use software.
- Two PNP safety outputs can directly switch machine primary control elements at 625 mA, 24 VDC.
- Auxiliary output for warning zone.
- No separate control box required.
- Choice of two configuration formatting modes:
- Graphic coordinate
- Three operation modes:
- Automatic Start
- Start Interlock
- Start/Restart Interlock
- Compact size 155 x 156 x 177 mm (6.10 x 6.16 x 6.97 inches)
OS3100 OptoShield Brochure
OS3100 OptoShield Manual
SE4-35 body series light curtains
- Power supply: 24 Vdc ± 20% (SELV/PELV)
- Consumption: 70 mA max./2.1 W (emitter)
100 mA max./3 W (receiver without load)
- Light emission: infrared LED 880 nm
- Optic diameter: Ø 16 mm
- Number of controlled beams: refer to table 1
- Optic interaxis: refer to table 2
- Resolution: refer to table 2
- 1st beam installation height: refer to table 3
- Through beam operating distance: 0.5 25 m 4 50 m
- Receiver inputs: external switches for Muting, Test, Restart and Override
- Receiver indicators: green / red SAFE / BREAK LED
yellow ALIGNMENT LED
green POWER ON LED
- Emitter indicators: yellow blinking FAILURE LED
green POWER ON LED
- Output type: 2 PNP
- Output current: 0.7 A max. 0.25 A max.
(45°C - 55°C) short-circuit signaling and protection
- Response time: 14 ms
- Selectable functions: Total / partial Muting
Manual / Automatic Restart
refer to table 4
- Time-out period: Muting: 10 minutes
Override: 2 minutes
- Muting signaling lamp: 24 V 3 W min. (125 mA),
7 W max. (300 mA)
- Receiver connection: 8-pole M12 connector
- Emitter connection: .4-pole M12 connector
- Cable length: .50 m max. (with 50 nF capacitive load)
- Safety category: type 4
- Electrical protection: class 1
- Mechanical protection: IP65 IP67 (connector part)
- Housing material: aluminum with PC plastic caps
- Weight: 1.2 Kg max. / m of total height
- Operating temperature: -10 ... +55 °C
- Storage temperature: -25 ... +70 °C
technical data tables
- Table 1: NUMBER OF BEAMS Model Beams
SE4 height 500 2
SE4 height 800 3
SE4 height 900 4
SE4 height 1200 4
- Table 2: INTERAXIS / RESOLUTION Model mm
SE4 height 500 500 / 515
SE4 height 800 400 / 415
SE4 height 900 300 / 315
SE4 height 1200 400 / 415
- Table 3: 1st BEAM INSTALLATION HEIGHT Model mm
SE4 height 500 400
SE4 height 800 300
SE4 height 900 300
SE4 height 1200 300
- Table 4: DIP-SWITCH SELECTION 1 2 3 4 ON
GREY dip-switches: total / partial Muting selection
WHITE dip-switches: manual / auto. Restart selection
Our Wide Selection of Safety Light Curtains Powerful Solutions for Today's Tough Guarding Problems Guarantees You'll Get Exactly What you Need
STI provides seven safety light curtain families to solve your optical guarding needs. From compact models designed for machine locations where space is tight, to larger, robust light curtains powerful enough to guard large perimeters. STI offers you a choice, because when it comes to automation safeguarding, one size does not fit all.
STI safety light curtains are fit for use - meaning, you can select a safety light curtain in the size and with the specifications you need to optimize performance. Our safety light curtain designs allow you to tailor a system for the lowest possible system cost, so you're only paying for what you need
Supplying such an extensive array of safety light curtains and controls guarantees that STI will give you an unbiased recommendation for what will work best in your particular situation. Our wide product line means you don't have to struggle to “make one fit.” We don't have to force your application to fit our safety light curtain. From tight spaces to perimeter guarding, we provide the correct product for the job.
- Resolution: 53 mm (2.09 in.)
- Range: 20 m (65 ft.)
- Six protected heights available: 700 mm (27 in.), 1046 mm (41 in.), 1394 mm (55 in.), 1741 mm (69 in.), 2090 mm (82 in.) and 2445 mm (96 in.)
- Compact size — 35 x 50 mm (1.4 x 2 in.)
- Simple Òtwo-box Ó design — no separate control box required
- No cable required between transmitter and receiver
- Two PNP safety outputs designed to directly switch machine primary control elements
- Individual Beam Indicators
- Available with one NPN or one PNP auxiliary output
- Exact Channel Select
- Floating Blanking
- Choice of operating modes
- MPCE monitoring
- In-line connector cables
- Adjustable mounting brackets
OF 4600-50 Manual
universal safety mat system
How the System Works:
The operation of a Universal Mat system is easy to understand. The mat is a simple, normally open switch. When a specified minimum weight is applied to the mat the “switch” closes. This sends a signal to the controller which, in turn, sends a stop signal to the guarded machine. Each mat presents four wires to the controller. This provides the redundancy required to monitor the wiring for open circuits due to incorrect wiring or physical damage to the wires. In order to meet many national safety regulations, STI offers trim to secure the mat to the floor so that it cannot be easily relocated and therefore become ineffective.
Presence sensing safety mats are used to monitor an entire hazardous area. They offer flexibility, quick access and may frequently be the most economic choice. Other options for perimeter guarding include interlocked barrier guards and safety light curtains. However, personnel can become trapped inside a barrier guard and safety light curtains only monitor the perimeter, not the hazardous area inside. Additionally, mats can also simplify routine tasks such as machine setup, maintenance and repair. Applications can be found throughout industry and typically include the following areas:
- Material Handling
- Assembly Machinery
- Packaging Machinery
- Robotic Work Cells
An STI Universal Mat system (UM series mat combined with an MC3, MC4 or MC6) offers a simple method for guarding personnel around hazardous machines. A Universal Mat system offers freedom, flexibility, and reduced operator fatigue when compared with traditional guarding methods such as interlocked fences, pullback restraints or perimeter barriers. Full visibility of and access to the work area is maintained. There is no need to worry about personnel forgetting to replace mechanical barriers or close gates.
- Controllers: Safety category 3 device
- Two-part perimeter and joining trim simplifies installation and provides a custom appearance
- Aluminum base surrounds mat, the safety yellow PVC cover secures mat in place, an aluminum cover that is installed in place of the PVC cover is also available
- Two-part active joining trim joins multiple mats together
- Molded inside and outside corners available as an option
- Mat Type: Normally open SPST, four-wire
- Mode: Pressure Sensitive
- Mat Size: Standard sizes from 12 x 12 in. to 48 x 72 in.
- Activation Force: Detects adults. (66 lbs.)
- Operating Temperature: -35 to 150°F
- Conforming to Standards: ANSI/RIA 15.06-1999, ANSI B11.19-2003, OSHA 1910.217(b), CSA Z432-04
- Approvals: When UM series mats are combined with an MC3, MC4 or MC6 controller the UM series safety mats comprise a system which has been EC type examined to the requirements of category 3, EN 954-1 and EN1760- 1:1998.
Universal Safety Mat Brochure